In the previous section, we talked about the process of casting flanges. Now we come to understand the production process of forged flanges:
The forging process generally consists of the following procedures, namely, selecting high-quality steel billets, heating, forming, and cooling after forging. The methods of forging include free forging, die forging and membrane forging. During production, different forging methods are selected according to the quality of the forgings and the number of production batches.
Free forging has low productivity, large machining allowance, but simple tools and great versatility, so it is widely used to forge single-piece and small-batch forgings with simpler shapes. Free forging equipment includes air hammer, steam-air hammer, and hydraulic press, which are suitable for the production of small, medium and large forgings. Die forging has high productivity, simple operation, and easy mechanization and automation. Die forgings have high dimensional accuracy, small machining allowances, and more reasonable fiber organization for forgings, which can further increase the service life of parts.
Long Weldneck Flange
First, the basic process of free forging: In free forging, the shape of the threaded flange is gradually forged into the blank through some basic deformation processes. The basic processes of free forging include upsetting, drawing, punching, bending and cutting.
1. Upsetting is the process of forging the original blank in the axial direction to reduce its height and increase its cross-section. This process is often used to forge gear blanks and other disc-shaped forgings. Upsetting is divided into two types: upsetting and local forging.
2. Drawing length is a forging process that increases the length of the blank and reduces the cross-section. It is usually used to produce shaft blanks, such as lathe spindles and connecting rods.
3. Punching The forging process of punching through holes or non-through holes on the blank with a punch.
4. Bending A forging process that bends the billet into a certain angle or shape.
5. Twisting A forging process in which one part of the billet is rotated at a certain angle relative to the other part.
6. Cutting Forging process that divides the blank or cuts the blank.
Second, die forging
Die forging is called model forging. The heated billet is placed in a forging die fixed on a die forging device and forged.
The basic process of die forging process: blanking, heating, pre-forging, final forging, punching skin, trimming, quenching and tempering, shot peening Common processes are upsetting, drawing, bending, punching and forming.
Common die forging equipment includes die forging hammer, hot die forging press, flat forging press, and friction press.
Generally speaking, the quality of forged flanges is better. It is generally produced by die forging. The crystal structure is fine and the strength is high. Of course, the price is also expensive.
It's more expensive.
Both cast flanges and forged flanges are common methods of manufacturing flanges. Depending on the strength requirements of the components to be used, if the requirements are not high, turning flanges can also be used.
Our company provides a high-quality long weld neck flange. If you have any requirements for our products, please feel free to contact us.